Themis 2652After a divorce, custody, parenting time and/or child support order, you and your family members develop new routines. When changes upset those routines, you may be able to amicably accommodate a necessary change to the existing Decree or Order with the other parent. However, unless  you reduce any changes to writing, both parents demonstrate their agreement by signing a description of the changes and the Court approves the changes, the parties are still bound by the existing Decree or Order.

Change Is Inevitable

Taylor Law Office will help you when circumstances require a modification in the terms for child custody, parenting time (visitation), child support,  relocation, or spousal support. Events that may require one or more changes in the terms of the Decree or Order include:

  • Loss of a job
  • Change of income
  • Loss of residence
  • Change of residence
  • Injury of a parent
  • Injury of a child
  • Special needs of children

When one parent resists changing the original terms of an existing Decree or Order, the matter must be resolved in court. Even if there is no resistance, changes need to be officially recognized by the court.

The Modification Process

As you seek a modification of an existing Decree or Order, Patti J. Taylor, Attorney, will assist you with immediate and continuing issues, including:

  • Applying for the modification
  • Attending hearings
  • Presenting your case in court, if necessary
  • Locating the non-custodial parent
  • Establishing paternity, if necessary
  • Overseeing enforcement activities

Knowledgeable Legal Assistance

Attorney Taylor will discuss the desired modification with you, answer your questions, and explain possible pitfalls and benefits that may result from the change. She will provide you will all the information you need to make informed decisions about your case and guide you through the process.

Contact Taylor Law Office and arrange for an initial consultation. They will evaluate your case and advise you of your legal options.

Taylor Law Office, Warsaw, Indiana Modification Lawyer